The Society of Camera Operators has announced this year’s Camera Operator of the Year Awards and Creative Vision Celebration is going virtual.
On Sunday 11 April between 5:00 – 6:30 pm PST, the Society will bring together the community to celebrate the industry’s triumphs, masterful storytelling, and stand out creativity. Nominees for the Camera Operator of the Year Film & Television categories will be awarded live.
“This is an opportunity for the SOC to acknowledge and honor our fellow operators and their remarkable work. It is even more critical for the SOC to do so during these adversely challenging times,” said George Billinger, SOC President and Awards Co-Chair.
The virtual celebration will showcase segments honouring camera operators and crew from over the past year, as well as, shine light on the work that the SOC continues to do in their partnership with The Vision Center, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. The evening is anticipated to also include some lighthearted moments of challenges experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic from camera operators and crew.
“The Society has a role in highlighting the contribution of camera operators. The awards and celebration will certainly do that, including a spirited celebration with a virtual twist,” said Geoff Haley, SOC Awards Co-Chair.
Camera Operator of the Year key dates:
- February 15: Camera Operator of the Year Film & Television submissions open
- March 10: Camera Operator of the Year Film & Television submissions close
- March 24: Camera Operator of the Year Nominees announced
- March 31: Camera Operator of the Year Voting opens for Active membership
- April 9: Camera Operator of the Year voting closes
- April 11: Camera Operator of the Year Recipients announced live virtually