This website www.britishcinematographer.co.uk is operated by Laws Publishing, Company Number 4289474 (England) whose registered address is: Laws Publishing Ltd, Premier House, 13 St. Paul's Square, Birmingham, B3 1RB.
Other applicable terms
Information about us
www.britishcinematographer.co.uk is a site operated by British Cinematographer, a trading name of Laws Publishing Ltd ("We" and/ or "Us") a company incorporated in England and Wales with registration number whose registered office is at, Premier House, 13 St. Paul's Square, Birmingham, B3 1RB.
Changes to these terms
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site - Disclaimers
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site and use of your account with our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period
- We use all reasonable means to ensure that the website or e-newsletter do not contain viruses or other damaging components. We do not guarantee that the company’s services are completely virus free and recommend that you should virus check all accessed pages on a regular basis
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site
Your account and password
- Permission to use our site is granted on condition that the use of the password protected parts of our site is restricted to you as a single registered individual user only
- You are not permitted to share access to our site with others or to copy information from the site for the use of others
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. This includes but is not limited to advisers, who are not permitted to copy information for the use of clients
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at https://britishcinematographer.co.uk/about-us-2/#contact
Automatic Renewal Payments
- All subscriptions bought through our website automatically-renew. If you do not wish this to happen, you can cancel automatic renewal by using the subscription payment options in your PayPal account.
- We will only accept manual cancellations of any automatic renewal payments within 24 hours after the date of renewal, otherwise you will be not be able to claim back the payment and you will receive another year’s subscription.
Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, unless this is information added by you as part of the interactive functionality of the site and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
No reliance on information
- The content on our site and newsletter is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date
- Laws Publishing Ltd does not endorse any individual, company, product or service displayed on the website or newsletter
- You acknowledge that some of the information displayed will be provided by third parties and Laws Publishing Ltd will not have checked the information for accuracy
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use our site, or newsletter, or
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site or newsletter
We will not be liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business or revenue
- Business interruption
- Loss of anticipated savings
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in the next paragraph (Acceptable use policy)
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us using our contact form https://britishcinematographer.co.uk/about-us-2/#contact
Acceptable use policy
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these terms
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
You also agree:
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored
- any software used in the provision of our site, or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Laws Publishing Ltd, Premier House, 13 St. Paul's Square, Birmingham, B3 1RB
Telephone: 0121 200 7820